Operation Smile has provided hundreds of thousands of safe surgeries for those born with cleft lip, cleft palate or other facial deformities. With more than three decades of expertise, Operation Smile creates solutions that deliver free surgery to people where it’s needed most. As one of the largest medical volunteer-based nonprofits, Operation Smile has mobilized thousands of medical volunteers from a wide range of medical specialties from more than 80 countries. Operation Smile engages public-private partnerships to advance health care delivery, train local medical professionals to provide surgical care for patients in their communities, donate crucial medical equipment and supplies, and increase access to surgical care so that everyone living with cleft is treated. Visit www.operationsmile.org, find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
Operation Smile In Ghana (OS Ghana)
Job Title: Country Manager
The CM acts as the Chief Executive Officer of the Foundation. The CM reports to the Regional Manager and the Board of Trustees of OSG, and is responsible for the foundation’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. The CM provides leadership in developing programs, fundraising, organizational and financial plans, and carries out plans and policies authorized by the Regional Manager and the Board of Trustees. The CM promotes active and broad participation by volunteers and donors in year round activities and establishes sound working relationships with staff, volunteers and in country partners.
• ensure that program objectives are clearly defined and that program activities are focused on achieving stated objectives;
• recommend plans and policies for approval by the Board of Trustees;
• recommend current and long-term objectives for management for approval by the Board;
• act as professional advisor to the Board of Trustees on all aspects of the foundation’s activities;
• leads fundraising for the foundation
• act as a spokesperson for the foundation;
In Program Planning, Development and Evaluation:
• develop an operational plan which will work towards the achievement of the strategic goals of the foundation;
• provide direction to programs implemented by the foundation;
• oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operations while maintaining a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field;
• oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of programs and services;
• identify potential donors whose advocacy matches the foundation and develop concepts and proposals that result in successful funding;
• encourage staff and volunteer development and education , and maintain a climate which attracts, keeps and motivates top quality people;
• ensure that regular performance evaluations are conducted, and that sound human resource policies and practices are in place;
• effectively collaborate with appropriate government, non-government, international agencies and establish good working relationships with community groups, volunteers, funders and other stakeholders;
• be responsible for the regular and systematic evaluation of the results of over-all operations as well as reporting this regularly to the Board;
In Resource Mobilization and Financial Management:
• create and develop a viable resource mobilization plan to access funds needed by the foundation;
• develop an annual budget for review and approval by the Board, ensuring that the foundation operates within budget guidelines;
• identify, cultivate and maintain fund sources and donors for the foundation;
• conceptualize and formulate funding proposals for the foundation;
• administer the funds according to approved budget and evaluate present and future financial needs of the organization;
• maintain official records and documents, ensuring compliance with government and legal regulations;
• In Stakeholder Relations and Communications:
• develop, nurture and enhance the relations with donors, prospects, partners, volunteers, local government units, and the community;
• define and implement an over-all communications plan covering the foundation’s stakeholders and the public, in general;
• Promote a positive image of the foundation to the public reflecting its advocacy and values.
Qualification Required & Experience
Experience required (education/work):
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant business or international field. Master’s Degree in related field considered a strong plus.
• Two to four years’ experience with an international agency or corporation.
• Experience and success in development, events or project managing.
• Experience working and living in Ghana.
• Candidate must be employable in Ghana.
• Highly organized and self-motivated
• Able to work diplomatically in a global team-based environment that includes board members, medical professionals, and volunteers.
• Able to accept newly assigned projects or duties as they become necessitated.
• Oral, written, and presentation language skills are required in English and preferred in Twi.
How To Apply
All interested applicants should apply online at:
Or follow the link below:
Closing Date: 30 May, 2018
|Job Category||Administrative/secretarial jobs in Ghana|